it's hard enough being a poet, so i had to add another blog!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

don't put that guitar down.

My boyfriend's guitar in his apartment,
He currently hasn't been playing lately.
I can understand.
He can get pretty busy, having college to deal with,
and I'm on my way to my AA degree, so I relate.
But the power of melody,
The beauty of discovering the unknown in random notes,
Can have so much more meaning than one would imagine music to be.
There is heart in my boyfriend's talent.
He has an unsurpassable attention to detail that I am amazed by.
I am inspired, feel close, made whole by his personality.
He used to pick up my guitar that I never play whenever he
visited my apartment and would mess around with his ideas.
I think in his heart he'll always want to become one with his music.
As weird as I put it right there,
Anyway, I try writing song after song and this is one of the titles of the songs
that I haven't yet developed, but mess with the meaning of it if you will, and lets
end the poem there:
Don't put that guitar down.
:-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment