it's hard enough being a poet, so i had to add another blog!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

An OdeTO A preface_-x

I don't believe in yesterday
Or the future.
In fact, was there really a five seconds ago?
I'm supposed to be brainwashed that
There are daylight savings times
Certian normal times to go to bed
A dinner, breakfast, and lunch.
*if you have a feeling I'm gonna write some of the dumbest
poetry, DON'T READ IT!
I'd rather you steal my poetry than hate it.
It's rather not poetry
Than spoken thought.
The day of the beatnike
Its making a comebake.
Nothing has to be spelled right.
The comeback is a rebel.
He noeth no reason or rhyme for the rules of poetry.
He says what is thought by his or herrsself to be.
I am her.
That is I am that girl.
The girl who's talking right now.
And I chose to replace my name
From chelsea
to eva
Does it matter in the end?
We probably never had names at one point in existencc.
But I could be wrong, cuz how elses would we be identified?
Remember you old people
If you had a cubbyhole back in the day that is
As a child, it was labeled
Wit your name.
You were most likely lucky to have your name liked
If you weren't it was most likely they stole your lunch money
Or threw you in trash dumps
Which is too bad.
We're all human for pete's sake!
Just remember.
Time is crucial.
Just be natural.
Go on walks in the middle of the night!
Bring a friend and a flashlight.
Look for that land of the lost
Or that UFO that everyone's scared to encounter.
Then go to sleep knowing
You're not that perfect person
Who never touches upon witchcraft
Or wearing their shirts backwards on Monday afternoons.
Being aware that this is enough being ridiculous for one introductory poem,

welcome to me everyone,
this is all of us! on tour.
*source: yoshimoto song title from song heard on Pandora.com.  had to cite it
have fun touring your support around, cuz I need it.
Sorry, i'm in a crazy mood 2day
--eva <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment